How We're Trying to Save Our Planet
For over 20 years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a more friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented a very strong policy towards our care for the Earth:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp. These tree farms not only ensure a sustainable, ongoing paper supply but also assure the land they use will remain undeveloped commercially.
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort. That's OK, though, because we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same.
- We use biodegradable inks and toners that are recyclable. Our toners are organically grown and our wide format inks are water-based.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the use of all raw materials.
- We recycle all our cardboard, ink cartridges, batteries, used equipment, aluminum, glass, plastic and metals.
- If you have suggestions about other ways we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.